"Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this faithless and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”
"If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples, and you will know the truth,
and the truth will set you free."
Jesus of Nazareth
The Word of God
(circa 4 BC – circa 30 AD)
Prayers & Meditations
"See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. . .
For just as a body without a spirit is dead,
so also faith without works is dead."
JAMES 2:14-24, 26
Resource Information for Charitable Organizations:
- GuideStar: GuideStar is a searchable database of more than 620,000 nonprofit organizations in the United States.
- America's Charities: America's Charities goal is to provide member charities with the necessary resources to meet needs impacting human service, health and education, civil and human rights, and the environment.
- Charitable Choices An easy-to-use guide to more than 240 accountable charities you can support directly, through the Combine Federal Campaign ( CFC ) or through the DC Area United Way.
- NCIB NCIB's mission is to promote informed giving and to enable more contributors to make sound giving decisions.
- Charity Navigator Charity Navigator, America's premier independent charity evaluator, works to advance a more efficient and responsive philanthropic marketplace by evaluating the financial health of America's largest charities.
- Givewell.net We examined 59 organizations' evidence that they can reliably and cost-effectively save human lives (or prevent extreme debilitation such as blindness and severe deformities) in Africa; below we recommend the 3 that best demonstrated this quality. A total of 107 organizations were asked to apply, and 59 submitted applications, including many household-name charities including the American Red Cross, UNICEF, and World Vision. We start with our recommendations, followed by a brief summary of our reasoning, followed by a more detailed description of our reasoning.